This article is reposted from FORTUNE.
The cannabis industry is projected to add 410,000 jobs this year alone in the US, so if you are considering a career change this is a field that is growing and changing quickly.
Firms in the cannabis industry will need everything from lawyers and web developers to delivery truck drivers. Depending on the job you are after cannabis-specific knowledge maybe not be needed.
Salaries vary by location, experience and other factors, just like all industries. Here is a small sampling of job titles and pay ranges.
- Director of cultivation: $59,800 to $118,600
- Grow manager: $43,400 to $93,400
- Grower/horticulturalist: $13.10 to $19.80 an hour
- Director of extraction: $75,000 to $119,500
- Extraction manager: $51,500 to $96,000
- Quality manager: $51,500 to $89,000
- Compliance manager: $49,500 to $122,000
- Chemist: $51,600 to $81,500
- V.P. of manufacturing: $107,000 to $167,000
- Production supervisor: $44,200 to $77,500
- Edibles specialist: $35,300 to $63,000
- V.P. of retail: $80,000 to $152,000
- Director of retail: $76,700 to $124,200
- General manager: $35,000 to $90,600
- Budtender: $12.50 to $18 an hour