The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Advisor to join our Corporate Affairs & Planning team to support the OCS in the development and tracking of corporate strategies that ensure the agency delivers on its mandate as a public agency. This new role will assist the organization in the development of a robust strategic planning processes and corporate tools that drive organizational cohesion and alignment to strategic objectives. The role will also contribute to the OCS effectively fulfilling provincial agency accountability and reporting requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience and passion to help a new public-sector agency further advance its business planning and corporate accountability.
As an Advisor, you will be responsible for working across the agency on various initiatives, developing high-quality corporate documents and assisting in the development and tracking of Senior Leadership Team corporate strategies.
About Your Day
• Work with the Corporate Affairs & Planning team to support the Senior Leadership Team in the development of corporate strategies.
• Help develop and maintain corporate resources that support organizational awareness of annual strategic prioritizes and promotes organization cohesion and collaboration.
• Work with various business areas to monitor, track and analyze corporate performance and agency KPIs, using meaningful and timely quantitative and qualitative data, to measure OCS delivery of annual strategic priorities and fulfillment of its provincial mandate.
• Assist in developing regular corporate performance reports to the OCS Senior Leadership Team, the OCRC Board of Directors and the provincial government.
• Collaborate with various business areas to support the development and review of briefing documents for the agency’s Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team.
• Support the Manager of Corporate Affairs in the preparation and delivery of key internal strategic planning sessions.
• Support the Manager of Corporate Affairs in the development of major corporate accountability documents, including the annual OCS Business Plan, Annual Report and Agency Accountability reporting.
• Provide secretarial support for cross-provincial working groups.
• Engage in relationship building and effective collaboration within the team, and across all OCS business areas.
• Post-secondary education (Bachelor’s degree) in Commerce, Political Science, Public Policy or related field. A Master’s degree in the field would be an asset.
• 2+ years experience working in the public sector or large corporate organization, preferably in a corporate support and/or strategy functional area.
• Highly developed critical thinking, research, writing, analytical skills.
• Exceptional time management and organization.
• Keen attention to detail and experience developing professional corporate documents.
• Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to collaboration.
• Experience presenting to senior management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
About the Role
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Required Travel: Rare, usually within GTA
Application Deadline: Monday January 18, 2021 at 11:59pm
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) uses LinkedIn as a service provider to manage the end to end job application and screening process.
Your personal information is collected for the purpose of evaluating candidates who have applied for job openings. For clarity, personal information in this context includes your resume, cover letter, and all information contained in your LinkedIn profile that you’ve made available based on your privacy settings. Your resume and cover letter will be retained by OCS as long as necessary to complete the recruitment competition to which you have applied. Your documentation will remain on file and may be reviewed for future opportunities that are relevant to your skills and experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.