Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-starter who can take the Agronomy Technician position to a new level. If you have sound judgment, great time management skills mixed with the ability to work as part of an ever-growing team we want to hear from you!
- Collaboration with R&D and relevant operations staff to ensure timely and consistent care for research/agronomy experiments in the greenhouse and indoor environment
- On direction of Research Scientist, establish and manage research projects, collect, and organize the data
- Conduct statistical analysis of agronomic data and write draft reports
- Provide input in to writing research protocols and conduct literature reviews
- physical plant inventory tracking
- Regular communication of inconsistencies and procedural improvements related to cultivation to the Cultivation Specialist, Research Scientist and R&D Manager, as required
- Support other research activities related to indoor and greenhouse cannabis cultivation
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc in agricultural or horticultural sciences
- Knowledge of agronomy and small plot research trials in greenhouse and indoor environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in experimental design and statistical analysis would be an asset
- High attention to detail, record keeping abilities and ensuring data quality
- Willingness to work occasional long hours
- Knowledge of the associated safety precautions as they relate to work with specialized equipment and potentially hazardous chemicals
This is a full-time position based out of Edmonton, Alberta.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr57.dayforcehcm.com.