Apollo Cannabis Clinics are medical clinics offering its patients an accessible path to medical cannabis treatments, free from stigma. We offer effective treatments for many chronic health conditions such as pain, anxiety, sleep disorders, PTSD and more through an evidence-based approach to empower our patients to take control of their overall health. We have a team of experienced health care professionals dedicated to patient care and medical cannabis education. We are actively seeking new and better ways to treat our patients’ illnesses with medical cannabis across Canada.
Apollo is currently seeking a part-time Billing Agent to support our practice. We are looking to support a doctor who will be serving patients in British Columbia therefore familiarity with Medical Services Plan (MSP) is essential.
The Billing Agent will be responsible for
- Validating health cards and processing payments through MSP
- Reviewing and transferring messages to physicians and/or the clinic administration
- Completing forms, tables, etc. to capture weekly/monthly statistics
- Collaborating with administrative teams at Apollo
- Participating in other miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned
- At least two years experience working in a clinic environment preferred
- Successful completion of a college diploma preferably in the field of Medical Secretarial studies or Office Administration would be an asset
- Thorough understanding of medical billing, must have advanced knowledge of billings for provincial healthcare codes and strategies
- Proficiency in EMR management and medical terminology preferred
- Ability to embrace new technology and must be able to document medical information in to EMR
- Strong work ethic: positive, professional, dependable and reliable
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and use discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Strong math skills
This is a part-time, remote opportunity, with flexible hours. We offer an excellent work environment with a collaborative team and excellent career development potential. Compensation will be based on experience.