- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
About the Company
Auxly is an international cannabis company dedicated to bringing innovative, effective, and high-quality cannabis products to the medical, wellness and adult-use markets. Auxly’s experienced team of industry first-movers and enterprising visionaries has secured a diversified supply of raw cannabis, strong clinical, scientific and operating capabilities and leading research and development infrastructure in order to create trusted products and brands in an expanding global market.
Based out of Toronto, ON, and reporting into the Director, Marketing, Auxly Cannabis is currently looking for a Brand Manager to join our Marketing team.
We are looking for a creative thinker that is comfortable diving into sales data and research to inform how the Auxly brands comes to life in both product and marketing activations. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing two of the of the industry’s leading brands, Foray and Dosecann, and lead their brands like a general manager.
- Foray is an accessible entry point for anybody – at any stage of their cannabis journey. Designed for the curious, Foray is an approachable brand that aims to both celebrate and guide one’s foray into cannabis, ultimately inviting them to see cannabis differently.
- Dosecann is a wellness brand built on pillars of quality, safety, and efficacy. Backed by science, advanced research, and development, Dosecann products are driving today’s innovation and establishing tomorrow’s standards. Dosecann is cannabis – down to a science™.
As the Brand Manager, you will engage collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to inspire them and work with them to deliver market leading innovation, conduct qualitative and quantitative research, engaging social content, bold experiential marketing events and disruptive in-store assets. If you are passionate about wellness and are keen to guide new consumers through their cannabis journey, this is the role for you!
- Embody Auxly’s business mission and strategy and act in a responsible, ethical, and honest behaviour while consistently leading by example.
- Build on a sound knowledge of the Cannabis industry and all applicable regulations and take initiative in being informed of the latest developments.
- Develop a solid understanding of the retail marketplace in Canada and key consumer insights and any key changes.
- Support all aspects of brand commercialization and project management, including equipping our sales team and field reps with tools to build relationships with government boards and customers.
- Create and track optimal trade strategies along with their cross-functional team.
- Own the launch of products, including consumer research and data-based proposal to support the development of new packaging, product design, consumer programs and merchandising solutions.
- Understand the Foray and Dosecann brands, their consumers, and their competition (direct and indirect). This includes understanding their performance in-market, financial contribution to Auxly and untapped opportunities, all of which will be presented on a monthly basis.
- Develop semi-annual marketing and trade plans, rooted in clear strategies, and present them to senior leaders in the organization. Upon approval, write creative briefs to inspire our internal creative team and our agency partners.
- Manage the brand marketing budget, including reconciliation, processing, reporting, and forecasting, working closely with Accounts Payable (AP).
- 5+ years of brand management and Marketing experience with a preference to individuals with high-tiered consumer packaged goods (CPG) experience with a focus on food, alcohol, and tobacco industries.
- Previous work experience and exposure on how to develop strategic insights from data and demonstrate a strong drive to apply consumer insight against market opportunities.
- Experience in conducting research and analyzing syndicated data, including sales data.
- Track record of launch innovation – ground up new products and new brands.
- Consistently demonstrates strong insight into market positioning and strategy development.
- Proactive mindset in establishing mechanisms for preventing and eliminating business problems, and if they do arise immediately tackles and alerts others who may be impacted.
- Comfortable with financial models, including P&L statements.
- Proven track record of being able to navigate an organization and work with teams to deliver business results driving and delivering change.
What will set you apart
- Bilingualism in English and French.
- Previous experience in Project Management.
- Previous experience in the Canadian Cannabis industry in a closely related role.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We would love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit.
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit careers-auxly.icims.com.