- Full Time
- Palm Springs, CA, USA
Website Lighthouse Dispensary
We are a state-of-the-art cannabis boutique located in downtown Palm Springs, in need of experienced
FULL-TIME cannabis consultants (aka. budtenders). You must be at least 21 years old to apply.
This is a career opportunity, with room for advancement, in a fast-growing company growing a multi-state footprint. We’re looking for passionate cannabis enthusiasts, who are reliable, understand a needs/ analysis consultative sale, are comfortable with a process and procedure focused sales environment and can deliver on customer-focused results. We strive to have fun, celebrate wins, and create an environment that our customers wish to return frequently. We support a diverse workforce that reflects the community of Palm Springs and Coachella Valley. Minority applicants, veterans, and are advocates of the “Last Prisoner Project” are encouraged to apply.
A successful cannabis consultant will deliver exceptional customer service; be able to comply with company standards of protocol; work in a highly regulated environment; be goal-driven and provide a cannabis consumer experience that will meet and exceed our customer’s expectations. Our consultants are the public face of our company, you must have a clean professional appearance and “have a smile on” at all times.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Use a consultative sales approach, with in-store customers, that encourage purchase, up-selling and cross-product sales.
2) Use of 3rd party Point of Sales system for product information, order input, and check out.
3) Be knowledgeable of, or demonstrate the ability to learn, cannabis-related product and benefit information, i.e. cannabinoids and their functions, terpenes, methods of consumption, extraction processes, etc.
4) Communicate all special sales or promotions to a customer.
5) Participate in opening and closing procedures.
6) Assist in keeping our store “COVID-clean” at all times.
7) Attend all required team or individual meetings and participate in real-time or virtual training.
8) Be digitally active on social media to promote LIGHTHOUSE.
9) Be knowledgable of current cannabis industry trends and news.
10) Knowledgeable of compliance & regulations
11) Perform other duties or projects as assigned by any Lead or Manager.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
1) Possess demonstrated sales skills and an understanding of a consultative sales approach
2) Has the ability to up-sell, cross-sell and handle compliant check-in/ check-out procedures
3) Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
4) Has the ability to stand for long periods
5) Combined attention to detail while able to multitask, with multiple clients simultaneously
6) Competent digital, math, and organizational skills
7) Capable of operating within a fully licensed and compliant dispensary following state and local regulations
8) Must have reliable transportation
9) On-time arrival and adherence to posted weekly store schedule
Compensation is based on hourly wage+tips+bonus
In your cover letter, please describe your “story” of cannabis, which drives your enthusiasm about the industry and the product. Also, detail in your resume if you have had previous work experience in the cannabis and/or retail industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Bonus pay
We are a city of Palm Springs COVID safe verified business
- cannabis sales/ bud tender: 1 year (Preferred)
- Palm Springs, CA 92262 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job please visit www.lighthousedispensary.com.