Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The Director of Retail Marketing will be responsible for driving the strategy for both the Tweed and Tokyo Smoke portfolios to meet its respective traffic and revenue business targets. Working in conjunction with the Brand and Trade Marketing teams, they will lead the integration plans cross functionally – including digital, in-store marketing and community, in addition to driving retail optimization projects.
Reporting to the VP of Retail, the Director of Retail Marketing will ensure the business goals are met and exceeded through our three key pillars of customer acquisition, retention / loyalty and ensuring our core brands are always top of mind.
This is a 1-year maternity leave contract position with on-boarding and start date of beginning of August.
- Ownership and development of a comprehensive retail strategy with on-going audits of performance to enable refinement and adjustments. Ensuring KPI’s – including traffic, revenue goals are met and exceeded
- Develop quarterly marketing plans that drive sustainable long-term sales and profit for the retail business
- Work with Brand and Trade to develop in-store marketing and storytelling campaigns that align with the organizations larger business objectives
- Manage, lead and mentor a team of Marketing Managers and Associates in achieving results
- Ensure that consistent marketing messages are communicated at the right time with the right frequency across relevant retail marketing channels
- Analyze in store and market campaigns through post-mortems to determine success and provide recommendations to improve plan and spend
- Use data points to inform and guide decision making
- Work with key stakeholders on advertising optimization to get the best ROI on invested retail marketing dollars
- Drive the coordination and management of all creative and marketing collateral needs for the stores on a quarterly basis
- Drive the Community support strategy for stores in and out of the stores
- Partner with the sales team to plan and implement 3rd party marketing initiatives within our stores
- Collaborate with the digital team to develop strategic initiatives that drive traffic to all retail channels – E.commerce, Click and Collect and In-Store
- Work cross-functionally with product teams, creative and training team to drive educational collateral and product education through all of our efforts
- Drive best in class retail experiences by way of CRM development, ownable consumer journey development with Operations and on-going partnerships with IT to better the shopping journey
- Lead strategy, planning and implementation of all in-field advertising and marketing efforts
- Partner with the visual merchandising team to ensure all visual displays in store align with in store marketing efforts
- Advise and communicate with senior leadership team on all relevant marketing matters to ensure the right decisions can be made
- Manage the marketing budget for retail marketing and community programs
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study, MBA an asset
- 7+ years experience in performance marketing
- 5+ years managing others
- Experience in attribution and understanding cross channel impacts, incrementality and how to track and attribute brand initiatives
- Drive for operational results including budget, timelines and efficiencies
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growing environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success
- High capacity; able to juggle a large workload and many ongoing projects
- Results driven, energetic, creative and hardworking, with a commitment to the highest quality of care and service
- Ability to lead by example and motivate a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
This is a 1 year full-time maternity leave contract position based out of Toronto, Ontario.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr58.dayforcehcm.com.