CannTrust is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded on the TSX and NYSE, and a proudly Canadian company focused on producing standardized cannabis products. Our medical products and customer service have heard us seven Canadian Cannabis Awards, including Best Licensed Producer 2018.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing and Product Development, the Director of Marketing will lead the strategy for recreational, medical and new product line extensions for the organization. As an incumbent, you will lead a high performing recreational and medical brand team as we continue to drive our leadership in cannabis. The leader will be a strategic partner with all cross-functional teams such as: innovation, sales operations, communications, supply chain, manufacturing quality and quality compliance.
This individual will mentor, coach and provide strategic leadership to the Marketing Department by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems are in development in order to meet and exceed the goals of CannTrust.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive annualized marketing plans that will build brand awareness and equity for patients and consumers
- Develop all medium- and long-term marketing strategic plans for the organization
- Become the resident expert with the Cannabis Act in regards to marketing and advertising restrictions that provide a base to prepare new product marketing plans for go to market and product introductions
- Establish internal marketing channels to the sales, operations and CSR teams to departments aligned on the objectives of the organization
- Participate in relevant industry committees ensuring that the company has a high level of professional standing
- Lead the planning and calendarization with the medical team to support the growth of our patients and call centre programs
- Oversee website, social presence, print collateral, events and trade show plans and materials
- Organize and direct marketing strategy meetings on a regular basis
- Report on all KPIs and strategic activities to senior management and Board Members
- Responsible for performance appraisal of marketing programs and 3rd party initiatives
- Establish and monitor pricing policies for all SKU’s
- Lead the long-range planning of new products and verticals for domestic and global markets
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required, with a focus in marketing strategy, communications, business development, program planning and execution, marketing consulting or similar
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in CPG, beverage alcohol, or pharmaceutical tier 1 marketing
- Demonstrated skills as a team player by leading through trust and professional respect, including demonstrated evidence of strong leadership and people coaching
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills. Must be detail oriented, organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be self-motivated to complete projects independently with appropriate direction/feedback
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence; a professional client-service manner
- Experience in developing marketing and communications strategies that are aligned to business strategy
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, learning and growth
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong Business Acumen – providing direction & decisions regarding business strategy and healthcare industry
- Strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and familiarity with integrating various technologies to support marketing efforts
- Holds others and self accountable to gaps in performance, is a champion of feedback
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models the CannTrust values
- Motivates team to take timely action, resolves customer escalations in a timely manner
- Monitors progress to departmental goals with company strategy
- Sets department goals & objectives and supports direct reports with achieving results and development plans
- Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
- Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
- Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
- Complies with all company policies
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to lift up to and including 25lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, climbing stairs, standing, and moving items is occasionally required. The employee must wear the required PPE to complete their job functions. The company reserves the right to modify PPE requirements based on regulatory, compliance and operational needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to unprocessed cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy and dusty at times. The employee will be provided with the appropriate (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment and they must adhere to legal requirements regarding PPE to manage their own personal safety under these conditions. In addition, to ensure compliance and minimize contamination within a controlled environment, the employees may be required to wear latex gloves a cleanroom suit.
CannTrust has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. We value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.