CannTrust is an award-winning, federally regulated licensed cannabis producer, with locations in Vaughan and Niagara, Ontario. We are proudly Canadian, operating a portfolio of well-known brands including CannTrust, Liiv, Synr.g, Peak Leaf and BrewBudz.
At CannTrust, we are committed to providing exceptional customer experience, quality products and consistent, standardized dosing. Our greenhouses produce 95% grade A cannabis flower, which is sold in dried flower, oil and vegan capsule formats. Founded in 2014, our continued success in the medical cannabis market and subsequent expansion into the recreational business, led to us being named Licensed Producer of the Year at the Canadian Cannabis Awards 2018.
Join us in our mission to support our customers and empower our patients to improve their quality of life, by enriching the cannabis experience with the best quality products, educational resources and outstanding service.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
- Support the VP of Grow Operations by providing timely and accurate information that can be used to manager the business, and ensuring smooth functioning of all aspects of financial operations within the Greenhouse
- Partner with the Corporate Finance team to support reporting and analysis activities and other initiatives
- Direct and coordinate the preparation of annual operation and capital budgets and forecasting for the Fenwick facility; generation of reports of performance against budgets and forecasts
- Develop cost standards for growing operations, analysing actual versus standard cost variances and recommending changes to improve production and reduce costs
- Assist with maintenance of internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Support various statutory reporting requirements
- Manage spending, identify and implement cost savings and efficiency measures
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department
- Responsible for the accuracy and timelines of financial information
- Other related duties as required or assigned
- Customer-centric – always searching for ways to improve service, takes action to resolve (internal or external) customer issues
- Acts as a mentor to peers and cross functional partners
- Follows through on commitments, adheres to deadlines
- Uses good judgment about when to act independently or escalate an issue
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example
- Delivers results while staying aligned with CannTrust Values
- Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
- Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
- Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
- Complies with all company policies
Education & Experience
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study
- 5+ years of experience in general accounting, financial reporting and systems experience
- CPA required
- Demonstrated background in financial reporting and a strong understanding of GAAP, including a proven track record of supervising day-to-day accounting operations and cash management
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills for internal and external interaction/communication
- Solid work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance; experience in a fast paced environment
- Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Sage and Ample experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and facilitation capabilities
- Available to travel to company locations within Niagara and GTA
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 25lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stair-climbing and moving items is occasionally required.
PPE is required in some areas of our facilities. The company reserves the right to modify PPE requirements based on regulatory, compliance and operational needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to unprocessed cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy and dusty at times.
CannTrust has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. We value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit canntrust.com.