Toronto, ON, Canada Req #3125
Thursday, July 16, 2020
Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The Franchise Marketing Manager, Tokyo Smoke will lead the development, execution and communication of all marketing activities for our franchise stores, including overseeing the Local Store Marketing model and programming. This candidate will champion it’s business objectives through our three retail marketing pillars; acquisition, retention + loyalty and CGC brand equity. They will also measure success by ensuring the franchise stores hit their traffic, average order value targets and YoY growth for our respective ON stores. Reporting to the Director Retail Marketing, this role will also have a direct line to the Director of Franchising to ensure that business objectives and feedback is being heard and addressed. This role will work cross functionally with Marketing, Brand, Trade, Creative, Digital and Training and will be responsible for reporting on all learnings / areas of opportunity to ensure that we are always striving for better, best. Most importantly, the Marketing Manager will manage the on-going communication with the Strategic Partnership team (development partners, franchisees and store managers).
• Develop a deep understanding of the consumer, competitive market and trade areas in which our stores operate and translate insights into actionable recommendations to drive results
• Continuously seek out best practices from the field, to be leveraged across the market through the LSM Portal
• Develop strategic planning and oversee execution of marketing plans to ensure we exceed business goals and objectives by amplifying the retail marketing message through locally relevant tactics
• Act as the key liaison for all marketing projects: gaining partner buy-in, ensuring clarity in execution, communication and reporting of results while building and maintaining relationships with internal and external partners
• Identify and develop processes and tools when applicable to better suit business and partner needs
• Provide strategic leadership and direction to cross functional teams and direct team
• Review special project requests from the Strategic Partnership teams and manage / execute should they align with strategic pillars – leading process development, sr. approval, legal, timeline and creative development
• Lead CGC and 3rd Party brand activation calendar as it comes to life in SP and owned retail stores. Key liaison for Trade and/or Brand contacts on cadence of activations, training, ISM, digital support, product support and surprise and delight moments
• Other tasks as required
KPIs for Franchise Marketing Manager
• Business revenue and foot traffic targets for each store met and exceeded expectation
• Gain partner buy-in and deliver programs on-time
• Tracking and planning tools are always up to date
• Successful communication of programs to all cross functional teams and
• Clear workback schedules for programs
• Attendees to community events met and exceeded
• Successful mentorship and clear communication to Associate Marketing Manager on their KPIs and metrics of success
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, business or related fields
• 5+ years’ experience in Retail Marketing and Franchise experience preferred
• Background in building retail + expertise in cannabis industry is highly preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Capable of driving timelines and managing budgets
• Strong understanding of a multi-brand, cross-functional, vertically integrated organization
• Results driven, proactive self-starter, organized and focused
• Passionate about retail and curious to find new ways to improve performance and storytelling
• Collaborative and can support projects with cross-functional teams of peers and external partners
• Results-oriented, organized and self-motivated
• Enthusiastic about joining a fun, dynamic team
Candidate must be willing to travel to market as required (~5% of the time)
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr58.dayforcehcm.com.