Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp and hemp-derived CBD product company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feet of licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. Now that Canopy Growth is entering the US, it’s doing so with ambitious plans. The Company’s shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED) and the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and are even a part of the S&P/TSX 60 Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
As a General Manager, starting from scratch, you will be responsible for overseeing the new Canopy Facility in California, planning territory requirements, while building the team to accomplish set goals. You will need to work alongside the Canopy management team in order to align with all company policies and procedures that are required.
- Oversight of Canopy facility in California, including all aspects of the operation.
- Reporting into Canopy Growth’s Regional General Management, you will ensure that operations are consistent with Canopy’s human resource, IT, and general operational structure.
- Ensure that the facility operates to the exact standards developed by Canopy, adapted with permission as necessary for the American market.
- Our world is ever changing, and you will need to lead and champion change management activities (i.e., frequent communication to staff and stakeholders about the change and the impact of the change)
- Manage business leadership priorities of projects and requests.
- Manage ongoing operating performance against plans and budgets.
- Ensure that all corporate regulations and policies are being met with support of the Canopy QA team and guidance from Canopy’s QA team.
- Define operational practices to be compliant with regulatory framework.
- Lead production meetings and provide coordination to resolve issues.
- Procure all materials and services needed to operate the facility. When available use Canopy framework contracts.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are up to code.
- Investigate issues and implement corrective actions.
- Develop and implement projects to increase efficiency, yield, productivity and capacity across all processes, always in a manner that remains consistent with the precise intellectual property and process of Canopy.
- Maintain and repair equipment and building.
- Manage contractors and service providers.
- Along with the QA Officer, ensure full compliance with government regulations.
- Along with Finance, ensure full compliance with Canopy financial guidelines.
- Determine staffing requirements, interview, hire and train new employees in coordination with HR.
- Manage and facilitate cross-site projects.
- Ensure that Canopy best practices, standard work methods and lean methodology are used across the site.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing or related environment
- Excellent knowledge of GMP and regulatory agencies
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing a P&L statement
- Experience successfully leading large, complex projects
- Excellent communication and relationship management skill
- Able to communicate clearly both in a board room setting and on the work floor
- Autonomous, decisive and well balance style of management that achieves desired results within the set boundaries and with the available means
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Requires leadership and negotiation skills
- People manager with wide experience in coaching
- Strong Project Management skills
- Experienced in directing process improvement and working according to KPI’s
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Sufficient technical insight
This is a full-time position based out of Modesto, California.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr57.dayforcehcm.com.