Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-starter who can take the Genomics Technician position to a new level. If you have sound judgment, great time management skills mixed with the ability to work as part of an ever-growing team we want to hear from you!
- Perform DNA/RNA extraction and quantification in preparation for various molecular biology techniques
- Perform next-generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation and QC analysis for whole-genome sequencing, targeted sequencing, and RNA sequencing
- Operating next generation sequencers (Illumina Miseq)
- preparation and sequencing workflows
- Perform SNP genotyping using qPCR (QuantStudio platform), automated PCR setup (QIAgility platform), and assist with genotyping analysis
- Basic DNA sequence analysis and designing PCR/qPCR assays for SNP genotyping and gene expression profiling
- Participate in developing, optimizing, and validating new DNA extraction, qPCR, and SNP genotyping methods
- Maintain laboratory notebooks, data/records including the inventory of reagents and consumables
- Perform routine laboratory duties and maintenance of instruments.
- Other duties as assigned
- BSc degree in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Plant Sciences, or related field
- Minimum two years of working experience in molecular biology techniques, including plant DNA, RNA isolation and quantification, electrophoresis, PCR and real-time PCR (qPCR)
- Experience with next-generation sequencing-based workflows including library preparation, running and operating NGS Sequencers
- Basic understanding of Bioinformatics tools to analyze genomic data is a plus (Illumina BaseSpace, Galaxy, NCBI)
- Experience and knowledge of designing PCR assays for SNP genotyping, conducting genotyping using real-time PCR instrument and data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
This is a full-time position based out of London, Ontario.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr57.dayforcehcm.com.