Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp and hemp-derived CBD product company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feet of licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. Now that Canopy Growth is entering the US, it’s doing so with ambitious plans. The Company’s shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED) and the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and are even a part of the S&P/TSX 60 Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about health and safety to join our Health, Safety and Environment team. Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Corporate HSE Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and improving the health and safety programs in collaboration with the site management teams. Through continuous learning, you will uphold the high standards of health and safety at our site by reporting and measuring KPIs, identification of hazardous conditions, and development of site-specific goals and objectives for the reduction of injuries and continuous improvement of health and safety programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the HSEMS (Health, Safety and Environment Management System) to identify gaps and make recommendations for improvement and sustainability.
- Consult, communicate, collaborate and take direction with / from Corporate HSE Manager to promote the health and safety in the work environment in the prevention of incidents and accidents and assist in the maintenance of a safe work environment.
- Assist General Manager & Corporate HSE Manager to set objectives and targets for the site’s health and safety improvement plans with collaboration with the site management teams.
- Establish a process to ensure best practices are shared and implemented across sites and new practices shared across regions in real time.
- Participate in quarterly Regional/ Corporate HSE Manager meetings to identify upcoming projects, improvements or opportunities for development.
- Timely analysis and reporting of KPIs to the Corporate HSE Manage for roll up of metrics to Senior Management
- Participation at Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings as an invited guest to ensure focus and drive toward KPI success.
- Identification of hazardous conditions through inspection and stakeholder walk through, working with procurement to source safer, quality approved alternatives where required
- Assess the risk of on- site process and job tasks through risk assessment and job hazard analysis
- Ensure training and certifications are up to date
- Provide or (procure where appropriate) health and safety training as required
- Collection, analysis and statistical report that measure the KPI’s set for the organization annually
- Assist in the development of the Corporate Health and Safety Management system and strategy deployment
- Development of the site-specific goals and objective for the reduction of injuries and continuous improvement.
- Audit and management of the Site- specific Fire Safety and emergency planning program
- Previous education in a Health and Safety or related field
- Previous experience in a Health and Safety or related field – 5+ years
- Ability to read and interpret legislation
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and ability to think creatively
- Strong understanding of computer programs: Excel, Outlook and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented, good analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
This is a full-time position based out of Modesto, California.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr58.dayforcehcm.com.