Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The HVAC Technician is responsible for providing HVAC and plumbing maintenance and repair to the Edmonton facility alongside the Facility Manager. Strong attention to detail, initiative, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team is essential to the role. This position is also responsible for a variety of maintenance duties as well ensuring detailed record keeping and compliance standards are met.
The successful candidate must possess strong problem-solving abilities and be flexible and willing to work on various equipment and machines either independently or in collaboration with the maintenance team. The candidate should have mechanical knowledge related to HVAC, Pumps, Pneumatics, and Plumbing to help maintain and assist with troubleshooting and preventative measures and be available on call after hours and on weekends as required to respond to emergencies.
- Maintenance, Troubleshooting and repair of HVAC units, Hydronics, Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, VFDs fan motor replacement, valves, humidifiers, air compressors and high-pressure equipment.
- In depth understanding and experience with Building Automation Systems and Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Assemble, install, maintain, and repair Irrigation systems, piping, fixtures, valves, pumps, water waste treatment systems, compressed gas, cooling fluids
- In depth understanding and experience with Irrigation Automation Systems
- Installs, maintains, and repairs pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling water distribution and sanitation systems
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation
- Collaborates with contractors in installing and repairing plumbing
- Test plumbing systems and leaks for other problems
- Input and update information in computerized maintenance management software
- Resolve maintenance issues and complaints
- Ensure cleanliness of facility at all times
- Communicate with team, contractors and suppliers
- Perform and record regular perimeter checks of exterior and interior site systems
- Trouble shoot mechanical issues through preestablished procedures
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures, including machine maintenance logs
- Effect and record the replacement of air filters and scent masking and other maintenance activities
- Ensure scheduled maintenance of all systems
- Adhere to and enforce company safety procedures
- Oversee fire suppression inspection schedule and contractors
- Receive and store deliveries to site as required
- Provide on-call duties and respond to emergencies as required to ensure product quality and schedules are maintained
- Support Administration of Fiix System: Update and add work to Fiix Maintenance System when required and Issue work orders
- Enter assets data into system
- Provide administrative support to the Facilities department
- Manage waste in accordance with compliance standards
- Process and update logs and system entries
- Maintain inventory of supplies, spare parts, tools and equipment
- Daily analysis of HVAC data and Maintenance KPIs
- Assist in the sanitization of the irrigation systems as required.
- Must be available to work a variable of different shifts and/or weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Five (5) to Eight (8) years of HVAC/plumbing experience in Industrial Settings
- Plumbing / HVAC / Refrigerants certified is a must
- Gas G2 Certified mandatory
- Refrigeration: minimum Class B certified (Class A preferred)
- Knowledge of Building Automation Systems and components such as HVAC units, Hydronics, Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, VFDs fan motor replacement, valves, humidifiers, air compressors and high-pressure equipment, irrigations systems plumbing control
- Working knowledge and experience in a wide variety of maintenance tasks including basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, pneumatics, pumps and drywall finishing work
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in record keeping
- Knowledge of safety procedures in accordance with WHMIS, OHSA, as well as local regulations
- Safety certifications such as: fall arrest, ladder safety, WHMIS, etc.
- Experience working in a production facility with GMP standards
- Experience working in an environment regulated by Health Canada also considered an asset
- Experience with adhering to standard operating procedures
- Strong computer skills (specially MS. Excel and Word)
- Problem solving skills; willingness and flexibility to foresee and overcome obstacles
- Self-starter with a passion for detail
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
This is a full-time position based out of Edmonton, Alberta.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr58.dayforcehcm.com.