Website Cronos Group
Cronos Group is a global leader in the cannabis industry committed to producing innovative products. Our iconic brand portfolio includes PEACE NATURALS™, a global health and wellness platform, two adult-use brands, COVE™ and Spinach™, and Lord Jones™, a hemp-derived cannabidiol (DBD) personal care brand. Our goal is to establish the most valuable international community comprised of passionate, genuine and committed employees.
Our talented and dynamic team loves the opportunity to enhance new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Cronos Group is committed to your professional development so if you want to join our tribe, apply today!
About the Role:
The Cannabis market is growing exponentially. Cronos Fermentation is seeking an Instrumentation Technician who will work within the Plant Engineering Department and report to the Director, Manufacturing.
As an Instrumentation Technician you are responsible to ensure the calibration program is followed and that equipment is calibrated in a timely manner. To ensure that the operation of production equipment meets the calibration requirements of cGMP; that all documentation relating to areas of responsibility is on file in the equipment historical files, including control documentation, settings and programming.
This position is based out of Winnipeg, MB.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that the calibration program is up-to-date, effective and meets the requirements of cMBP, Develops calibration procedures.
- Designs, modifies and implements changes to existing equipment/process control systems and new equipment/process control systems as assigned. Updates or develops engineering drawings re control circuitry.
- Maintains calibration equipment.
- Responsible for the repair, maintenance, service on electronic control systems.
- Maintains spare parts inventory of control systems, calibration equipment.
- Researches sourcing of material/parts/equipments. Fills out purchase requisitions for same.
- Works witht eh Purchasing department to resolve procurement issues.
- Oversees work performed by outside contractors.
- Assists in the validation of equipment, systems and facility to meet cGMP requirements. This includes the updates, review and filing of Engineering documentation.
- Develops SOPS, and STMs for process/production equipment.
- Understands and follows cGMP requirements as they relate to equipment, processes, material and validation. Supports Project Engineering in the design of new installations.
- Works as a team member with all members of Engineering Department staff and provides service to all other departments.
- Advises the Director of Manufacturing and communicates frequently regarding current status of area of control.
- Ensures that all duties are carried out effectively and proficiently, in a timely and professional manner, and with diligent attention to quality work.
- Comply with the standards and regulations of the Health and Safety Act; Reports and corrects unsafe acts and conditions.
- Performs other routine duties as assigned.
You’ll need to have:
- Diploma in Electronic Technology or Instrumentation Technology or related work experience.
- Minimum 5 years in an industrial setting preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and can manage a variety of possible solutions in situations where only limited information exists.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced changing environment, in a participatory management structure, all with a sense of duty and responsibility.
- Must be able to provide clear criminal record check
We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.