Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp and hemp-derived CBD product company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feet of licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. Now that Canopy Growth is entering the US, it’s doing so with ambitious plans. The Company’s shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED) and the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and are even a part of the S&P/TSX 60 Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our Quality team as a Laboratory Manager. The Laboratory Manager is responsible and accountable for the testing of intermediate/finished products and all aspects their tracking and quality control management. Ensures the safe, accurate and timely testing. Supervises and oversees the work of several lab technicians.
- Performing installation and operational qualifications on lab equipment, validations on software, production, and cleaning processes
- Implementing, monitoring, and performing calibration of all lab equipment by establishing and ensuring consistent standards of use
- Responsible for the management, coaching, counselling of direct reporting personal, and conducting regular performance reviews
- Working collaboratively with various stakeholders including members of the Operations Department to improve processes and optimize productivity
- Facilitating testing of variety of samples with both internal and external labs
- Preparation and review of lot release reports/CoA’s
- Delegating tasks to the Laboratory and Incoming Quality Team and overseeing all on-going QC projects
- Reviewing and making decisions based on laboratory results. Presenting information and findings at departmental meetings as needed
- Review and develop current and future laboratory operations to improve efficiency and productivity
- Working with the Director of QA/QC to review and develop QA/QC operations
- Reviewing OOS investigation reports and out of trend incidences and leading associated CAPA’s to improve processes
- Auditing production process and working with other departments to ensure procedures and reports are accurate and up to date
- Collecting, analyzing, and presenting large volumes of data in official quality reports
- Monitoring and enforcement of documented logs for actions, events, and activities according to SOP requirements
- Scheduling and tracking production equipment preventative maintenance and calibrations
- Review and approval of requested materials, equipment, and chemicals for production areas
- Upholding SOP procedures and documenting planned deviations or non-conformities when required.
- Understanding up-to-date Cannabis Regulations and working with Director of QA/QC to address internal and external audits
- Assist with product recall or complaint investigations when laboratory testing is involved
- Other tasks within the Quality Department as required
- College or University degree in a relevant scientific field
- Minimum four (4) years management experience in a QC/QA and/or laboratory role in a cGMP, HACCP, GAP regulated environment (pharmaceutical, food manufacturing, etc.) is required
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience training others
- Comfortable working in and capable of setting priorities in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with the following software: Agilent ChemStation, MassHunter, Microsoft Office Suite, LIMS and Google Docs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with any of the following analytical instrument-detector configurations is an asset: GC-FID/TCD, HPLC-DAD, UV/Vis, FTIR or HPLC/GC-MS
- Experience in a GLP or ISO setting is an asset
This is a full-time position based out of Modesto, CA.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr57.dayforcehcm.com.