Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp and hemp-derived CBD product company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feetof licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. Now that Canopy Growth is entering the US, it’s doing so with ambitious plans. The Company’s shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED) and the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and are even a part of the S&P/TSX 60 Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-starter who can take the Laboratory Technician position to a new level. If you have sound judgment, great time management skills mixed with the ability to work as part of an ever-growing team we want to hear from you.
- Conduct various testing on ingredients, intermediate & finished products, including using chromatographic techniques
- Create optimal batches of samples to increase efficiency of instrument run time
- Data maintenance and thorough logbook and record keeping
- Create reports on test results and provide trend analysis on results.
- Operation of HPLC, GC, GC/MS, pipetting, wet chemistry, and any other required techniques
- Maintain and calibrate lab equipment on a regular cycle.
- Ensure test equipment is clean, maintained and in good working order
- Conduct USP, HPFB and EP microbiological assays for TAMC/TYMC and specific microorganisms.
- Conduct testing using Karl Fisher titrations or others as required.
- Communicate equipment and disposables requirements to laboratory supervisor, as required.
- Analytical laboratory tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Contribute to continual improvement based on ISO:17025 requirements.
- Contribute to method validations.
- Must be able to work a variable of different shifts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or higher degree in Biology or Chemistry
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ worth of post University hands on experience with Mass Spectrometers
- Knowledge of routine microbiological methods for the analysis of environmental, agricultural and food samples, including AOAC, FDA, BAM, ISO, PCR or ELISA.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Detail-oriented and strong time management skills
- Experience in the preparation of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and natural health products are an asset.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be meticulous and able to work independently and safely.
- Knowledge of sample preparation equipment and techniques.
- Must be comfortable standing for long periods of time.
This is a full-time position based out of Modesto, CA.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr57.dayforcehcm.com.