Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp and hemp-derived CBD product company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feet of licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. Now that Canopy Growth is entering the US, it’s doing so with ambitious plans. The Company’s shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED) and the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and are even a part of the S&P/TSX 60 Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
The Manager, Strategic Analytics & Forecasting (US) will act as a key analytics and forecasting support figure for the US sales and marketing teams through the provision of customer and market analysis. The ideal candidate will work on multiple projects that require strong business acumen and analytical mindset and will bring the perfect combination of strong business acumen, stakeholder management, and ability to crunch numbers and present to the senior leadership in a compelling way.
This individual will play an important role in positioning Canopy Growth as a CBD leader in the ever-evolving US marketplace. Bringing an entrepreneurial approach, this role will support the Sales Strategy team through start to finish commercial excellence as we establish and bolster our US Retail network.
This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Strategic Analytics & Forecasting.
- Lead multiple analytics and insights projects and deliverables that support and advise commercial business on key strategic initiatives
- Develop, maintain and update monthly sales forecast and become a go to person for the commercial leadership team on sizing the opportunities for different markets, categories and channels
- Become a key support figure in all Integrated Business Planning routines for the US commercial business
- Work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Operations teams to provide insights into business performance and areas for improvement
- Collaborative team player with superior influencing skills, who builds relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- Prioritize and cope with competing and changing objectives in support of both short- and long-term goals while maintaining stakeholder expectations. This includes various ad hoc analytical work, assessing options, presenting findings, and influencing solution designs with cross functional teams
- Consult with commercial teams (Sales & Marketing) and lead the process of utilizing available data to and embed key insights into commercial strategies and plans to ultimately drive revenue and/or profit growth
- Support and coordinate with the other commercial teams (revenue management, category insights, sales directors) to uncover new opportunities, build business cases and bring forward ideas that result in business performance growth
- Design and develop “what-if” analysis and scenarios to understand impact of a key decision and come forward with a set of recommendations to guide commercial strategy
- Support Category & Insights group & Revenue Management team to develop cat man stories, assortment recommendations, and sensitivity analysis
We’re looking for a dynamic personality with at least 5+ of experience in CPG, and or Beverage / Alcohol industry. The ideal candidate will have a combination of advanced analytics skills and project management skills to prioritize both short term and mid to long term analytics projects. Other than this, we are also looking for the following core skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Business / Commerce, Computer Science, or related field. MBA is considered an asset
- Strong business acumen with an ability to thrive in ambiguity
- At least five years of experience in an analytics or insights role is required
- Advanced knowledge/experience of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, IBM Cognos, and a power user of MS Office tools (Excel, Google Sheets, Powerpoint)
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes
- Ability to interpret and combine multiple sources of data to dig insights
- Excellent communication and proven experience of delivering presentations to large / commercial audience
- An analytical thinker with an entrepreneurial attitude. Leveraging data from a variety of sources and synthesizing them into actionable business building recommendations.
- Experience in Beverage Alcohol, CPG, previous CBD/Cannabis or relatable industries an asset.
- Walmart, Target, CVS or traditional US retailers/Pharmacies a bonus
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
This is a full-time position based out of Chicago.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr58.dayforcehcm.com.