The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based role responsible for cultivating current and future Thought Leaders via scientific exchanges and sharing evidence-based data to support commercialized products, to introduce forthcoming products, and to engage them as advocates for Aleafia Health.
This role reports to the VP of Sales and Business Development.
The Medical Sales Liaison will:
- Present data and disease management concepts on medical cannabis treatment to Physicians, Nurses, and Patient Support Groups when requested
- Contribute to developing research opportunities & investigator-initiated studies and educational projects at academic institutions.
- Provide therapeutic area support including response to unsolicited off-label information on products & therapies, if requested by healthcare practitioners.
Thought Leader Development:
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with current and future Thought Leaders.
- Develop speakers and advocates among Thought Leaders.
- Link internal partners to external Thought Leaders for education and research collaboration.
- Advisory board development of scientific content which is relevant and aligned with global priorities.
- Link Thought Leaders to other external customers to drive trial and adoption of Aleafia medical products
- Publication planning and implementation.
- Disseminate scientific information including innovative medical education materials and research concepts to Thought Leaders.
- Deliver clinical and scientific presentations to healthcare audiences.
- Foster medical and scientific information exchange between the medical community and Aleafia
- Contribute to strategic initiatives and training of the sales/marketing teams.
- Develop and maintain a database of relevant educational slide kits.
- External scientific material review e.g. most current and relevant publications.
- National conference activities: attendance, key abstract identification, executive summary of presentations and posters from the conference.
- Partnering with medical information in development and review of written responses.
- Clinical and Scientific training for both medical and marketing
- Discuss and support the submission of Investigator Initiated Study proposals.
- Identify existing data and facilitate publications as appropriate.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Presents evidence-based clinical and scientific data to support therapeutic decisions in patient care.
- Liaise between academic centers and Aleafia.
- Contributes to the evaluation of grants for educational and research initiatives
- Miscellaneous duties as required
Experience / Education
- MSc, PhD, PharmD, MD
- MSL function required
- Demonstrated experience in building relationship with Thought Leaders, pharmacists, nurses, and patient support groups
- 5+ years’ experience leading primary and secondary market research
- Prefer work experience in pharma and/or cannabis
- Must be able to successfully pass RCMP background check
Skills & Abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit/Self-dependent
- Leadership skills and Strategic agility
- Results-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and scientific and business acumen
- Ability to critically appraise scientific data
- Facilitation skills and Negotiation skills
- Experience in developing and providing training and education programs
- Understanding of Health Economics
- Familiarity with both medical and rec databases including IMS and IMS | Brogan
- English, French is a plus.
Travel: National / Provincial travel is required up to 60% of the time.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Disability insurance
- Stock options
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Casual dress