Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Quality Systems Team Lead, the NC/CAPA Specialist is responsible for reviewing incident reports, coaching stakeholders on quality systems processes, facilitating root cause analysis and identifying opportunities for corrective action. The ideal candidate is a champion of continuous improvement who promotes best practice and a quality culture through cross-functional work with other teams across the company.
- Review of non-conformity (NC) reports and corrective action/preventive actions (CAPAs)
- Evaluation of risk, root cause analysis, trends of recurrence, corrections and corrective actions
- Delivering organized and ad hoc training on quality systems processes, coaching stakeholders on procedural requirements and making best practice recommendations
- Promoting the timely submission, review and closure of NCs and CAPAs
- Advancing quality goals through cross-functional work with other teams
- Performing various administrative functions in the quality management system (QMS)
- Creation or revision of controlled documents and the use of change management functions
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and participating in related projects
- Staying current on company processes, policies and applicable regulatory requirements
- Participating in tracking and trending, data analysis and identification of key performance indicators
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Prior experience in a quality/manufacturing environment is preferred, especially in food safety, pharma, alcohol and/or natural health products (2+ years preferred)
- Prior experience should demonstrate capacity for critical thinking and risk-based decision making
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues at all levels of the company
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently while adapting to direction and shifting priorities
- Ability to navigate competing interests and facilitate timely resolutions using a quality mindset
- Proficient in the use of Google, Adobe and Microsoft software
- Prior experience with Good Manufacturing Practice is considered an asset
- Prior experience with data analysis and tracking and trending of KPIs is considered an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset
This is approximately an 8 month contract position based out of Smiths Falls, Ontario.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
To apply for this job please visit canr58.dayforcehcm.com.