Join our Team!
We’re passionate about using science to help people. Are you?
The people we serve are looking for solutions. They want to improve their everyday lives, become more productive and enjoy the present moment. That’s where we come in – and where you do, too.
Since 2013, we’ve established a reputation for using science and innovation to help our customers, and we’re proud of our history. Emerald was formed by industry leaders who’ve dedicated themselves to helping people overcome medical conditions so they can live better lives, and we’re always looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission.
Emerald Health Therapeutics (EHT) is a Health Canada Licensed Producer of medical and adult-use cannabis and cannabis derivatives. A seed-to-sale enterprise, Emerald has combined core competencies from decades of experience in pharmaceutical innovation with large-scale agriculture and extraction expertise. Our ambition is to be at the forefront of developing products that provide health and wellness benefits from cannabis for purposeful people. Emerald Health Therapeutics (EHT) is publicly traded on the TSXV (EMH) and the OTCQX (EMHTF). We offer competitive salaries, employer-paid health benefits including acupuncture, naturopathic care and massage; and flexible work hours.
For more information please visit us at https://emeraldhealth.ca/
SCOPE OF DUTIES
The Senior Quality Affairs Associate reports to the Director, Quality and Regulatory Affairs and is responsible for ensuring that quality systems are established and maintained and activities and products comply with GPP, SOPs, Cannabis Regulations, Cannabis Act and other applicable requirements at Emerald Health Therapeutics’ facilities at 4223 and 4226 Commerce Circle, Victoria, BC.
· Assists Q&RA management to ensure that quality systems are established, implemented and maintained in compliance with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations, GPP and/or GMP and other regulatory requirements, as applicable. Provides onsite quality support of site operations and activities associated with adult use products, medical products and new products under development. Provides quality support to the Operations/Production, Sales/Marketing, Shipping/Receiving, Finance, New Product Development groups and other EHTC teams as assigned by supervisor.
· Assists the Quality Assurance Person (QAP) to fulfill GPP and other requirements including investigating product complaints, implementing corrective and preventative measures, reviewing batch records, compiling batch summaries, reviewing labels and packaging, quality oversight of operations activities.
· Prepares and reviews procedures, data and other quality documents. Provides GPP and other training to site personnel. Obtains samples and sends samples for testing. Other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
· Supports site inspections by Health Canada and other regulatory authorities or business partners. Assists with preparations for inspections. Gathers information and answers questions from regulatory authorities.
· Works collaboratively and respectfully with members of the Quality and Regulatory Affairs department, internal teams and external contacts/businesses. Demonstrates professional, compliant and ethical conduct.
Completion of post secondary university, college or technical degree, diploma or certification in related science (e.g. biology, chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, pharmaceutical sciences).
Must pass mandatory security check and be eligible for Health Canada security clearance. Strong preference for individuals with approved Health Canada security clearance and approved as QAP (Quality Assurance Person) for a cannabis site.
Minimum 4 years experience in a quality role in GPP or GMP regulated environment (e.g. cannabis, pharmaceutical, natural health products). Preference for hands on experience in a quality capacity in a multi-product production facility. Will accept minimum 2 years quality or QAP experience in a Health Canada approved cannabis facility with Std. Processing Licence.
Experience writing and/or reviewing SOPs, specifications, batch records, labels, test data, production investigations, complaint investigations. Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
To apply for this job please visit emeraldhealth.humi.ca.