Aurora Cannabis Inc. is currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Coordinator Lead to join our team. The successful candidate will be required to have some flexibility in their schedule to meet the needs of the facility. The incumbent will report directly to the Quality Assurance Supervisor at Sky, and will be responsible for the following:
- Represent QA as an ambassador for regulatory compliance with respect to the Cannabis Regulations, GMP and company SOPs.
- Participate in self inspection process.
- Oversee and provide guidance to a team of QA Coordinators (including QA Coordinators, QA Supply Chain Coordinators and QA Label Coordinators).
- Direct the day to day tasks performed by the Coordinators, including the assignment of duties and provide guidance on upcoming initiatives for the team.
- Provide oversight on all QA Coordinator initiatives and tasks and report regularly on progress to the QA Supervisor.
- Assist QA Coordinator team with secondary batch review and all required follow up, as required.
- Assist QA Coordinator team with the complete secondary documentation review for packaging runs, labelling runs, logbooks, and all required follow up, as required.
- Assist with the generation and review of release documentation.
- Work closely with Planning to ensure batches and runs allocated for shipping have been released and all associated documentation has been reviewed and closed out.
- Assist QA Coordinator team with the review and approval of product labels as required.
- Assist QA Coordinator team with the quarantine management program, vendor management program and rework management program.
- Work with the QA Supervisor to ensure the Internal Audit and Assessment Program is maintained.
- Participate in both internal and external audits as required.
- Work closely with Production and the Quality Assurance Auditors to ensure facility compliance is maintained.
- Assist in the development of training programs; Perform training sessions for personnel as required.
- Assist with CAPA review, including documentation and investigation of non-conformances leading to identification of the root cause; Assigning and implementing an effective corrective and preventative action to promote continuous improvement.
- Assist with the implementation and continuous improvement of quality procedures.
- Assist manufacturing in drafting and writing SOPs that comply with the Cannabis Regulations and GMP.
- Assist with the tracking of metrics around compliance and efficiency and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Quality Assurance Field, Previous QA Coordinator experience in relation to the cannabis industry preferred
- Degree or diploma in a science related field preferred
- Experience working in a regulated environment, pharmaceuticals, or natural health product manufacturing environment is preferred
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems including: batch record review, batch release, document control, change control, deviations, investigations and CAPA
- Fluency in MS Office is mandatory
- Competency of technological writing (SOPs, Annual Reports, Investigation Summary)
- Ability to work independently, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and adapt to an evolving environment
- Ability to both speak and write clearly in English
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Segment: Medical, CAPA, Law, Retail Sales, QA, Healthcare, Management, Legal, Retail, Quality