- Job ID
About the Company
Auxly is an international cannabis company dedicated to bringing innovative, effective, and high-quality cannabis products to the medical, wellness and adult-use markets. Auxly’s experienced team of industry first-movers and enterprising visionaries has secured a diversified supply of raw cannabis, strong clinical, scientific and operating capabilities and leading research and development infrastructure in order to create trusted products and brands in an expanding global market.
Auxly Cannabis Inc. is currently looking for a 1-year contractual Senior Budget Analyst to join our Toronto team. Reporting directly to the VP, Finance, the Senior Budget Analyst, will be responsible for financial planning and analysis (FP&A) support to Senior Management in preparing the Auxly’s annual budget and subsequent forecasts. They will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and managerial reporting for Auxly Group’s subsidiary companies across Canada.
The key candidate is someone who aligns with Auxly’s values, wants to be part of a fast-paced scale up, and eager to start deploying their powerful analytical, project management, Accounting knowledge, and interpersonal skills to help Auxly achieve its full potential in the cannabis space.
If you are someone who loves diving deep into models and analyses to provide managerial insights and is driven to become an FP&A subject mater expert.
- Embody Auxly’s business mission and strategy and act in a responsible, ethical and honest behaviour while consistently leading by example.
- Work with Department Heads, General Managers, and Site Controllers to gather key data and develop Auxly’s annual budget and review all funding requests for merit.
- Review managers’ budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with all applicable laws and other regulations.
- Review capital expenditure deployment program and develop a process to track actual spending against contractual and schedule objectives.
- Monitor value chain performance in cultivation/manufacturing entities and provide updated costing allocation assumptions to accurately forecast profitability margins.
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that it is within budget and assist in re-forecasts as deemed necessary.
- Prepare typical budget to actual reporting on KSI/KPI’s, variance analyses, and presentation materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned, and as operationally required
- Experience in preparing budgets across multiple legal entities
- Ability to organize budget templates and data in a clear and intuitive manner.
- 2-3 years experience practical and hands-on knowledge in financial reporting and modeling.
- Post-secondary education in relevant field (i.e. Accounting, Finance).
- CPA designation is required.
- Tech savvy, adaptive to new technologies and tools, knowledge of SageX3 is an asset.
- Well-organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Solid track record of meeting tight working deadlines, and prioritizing workload are essential.
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit careers-auxly.icims.com.