Reporting directly to the Inventory Manager, the Shipper / Receiver works effectively and efficiently to assist with internal material movement, receiving and shipping. An important aspect of this role is the proper and detailed completion of material movement documentation.
- Responsible for the shipping and receiving of all materials & equipment
- Accurately receives and records inventory
- Safely and effectively uses organization systems, warehouse technology and established procedures to put stock away and maintain chain of custody documentation in accordance with Health Canada requirements
- Timely staging of production material requirements
- Liaise with QA on the quarantine and release of all incoming materials
- Accurately updates spreadsheets and stock information
- Maintain organized shipping and receiving records, including item, quantity, date, location, order numbers, ship mode, vendor, etc.
- Complete daily cycle counts
- Actively seeks improvement opportunities to increase warehouse efficiency
- Develops knowledge about regulations and practices
- Works well cross-functionally with both onsite and remote internal customers
- Support and initiate Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education
- 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- 3-5 years of experience in a shipping/receiving role
- 3-5 years of experience operating a forklift
- Knowledge/Experience of Cannabis, Food or Pharmaceutical Industry is an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Exemplary Customer-Facing and Customer Service Skills
- Strong Computer Skills
- Detail-Oriented, Organizational Skills, Deliveries Experience, Previous Shipping and Freight Experience, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving, Previous Industry Experience, Enthusiasm, Team-Player, Warehouse Organization
- Ability to obtain forklift license
- Flexible to work off shift hours
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.