Who We Are
CannTrust is an award-winning, federally regulated licensed cannabis producer, with locations in Vaughan and Niagara, Ontario. We are proudly Canadian, operating a portfolio of well-known brands including CannTrust, Liiv, Synr.g, Peak Leaf and BrewBudz.
At CannTrust, we are committed to providing exceptional customer experience, quality products and consistent, standardized dosing. Our greenhouses produce 95% grade A cannabis flower, which is sold in dried flower, oil and vegan capsule formats. Founded in 2014, our continued success in the medical cannabis market and subsequent expansion into the recreational business, led to us being named Licensed Producer of the Year at the Canadian Cannabis Awards 2018.
Join us in our mission to support our customers and empower our patients to improve their quality of life, by enriching the cannabis experience with the best quality products, educational resources and outstanding service.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage, lead, and empower staff to deliver best-in-class service, and achieve departmental goals
- Help create a positive culture where employees can thrive
- Assist Manager with the recruitment of new hires
- Responsible for efficient and comprehensive training for new hires and/or process improvements
- Assist in the formulation of targets for individuals and teams
- Responsible for ensuring that staff are meeting targets and KPIs by providing tactical guidance, assistance, coaching, and leadership
- Document and track progress of Customer Care staff
- Provide consistent feedback and coaching to staff to support individual growth and maintain a positive working environment
- Liaise with Manager to identify skill gaps and develop action plans to assist in staff development
- Address employee issues
- Analyze and manage departmental metrics designed to grow the patient base, retention rate and improve the patient journey
- Provide overall floor support to Customer Care staff
- Help create, update and improve workflows that ensure an effortless experience for our patients and employees
- Use continuous improvement thinking to help the department evolve
- Assist on initiatives, projects and process improvements
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Ensure that all Customer Care functions are maintained daily
- Create daily action plans based on workload and business needs
- Responsible for assisting the team with day to day tasks when volumes are high in order to maintain SLAs
- Handle highly escalated calls with professionalism and expedite resolution when needed
- Main contact for clinics and partners and liaise with Clinical Services when necessary
- Perform routine spot checks to ensure the efficiency of Quality functions within the department
- Establish and maintain a maximum level of customer and partner satisfaction
- Maintaining 100% confidentiality with the company and patient information
- Establishing and maintaining a maximum level of customer satisfaction.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to all workplace policies
- Assisting with other duties as assigned in other areas of the department or company as needed to better serve customer needs.
- Holds others and self accountable to gaps in performance, is a champion of feedback
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models the CannTrust values
- Motivates team to take timely action, resolves customer escalations in a timely manner
- Monitors progress to departmental goals with company strategy
- Sets department goals & objectives and supports direct reports with achieving results and development plans
- Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
- Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
- Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
- Complies with all company policies
Education & Experience
- College or University diploma preferred
- 2-3 years industry or related experience required
- 1-2 years of leadership experience is required
- A minimum of two years of call centre or customer service experience
- Knowledge of medical cannabis or the pharmaceutical industry is an asset
- Experience working in regulated industries is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Available to travel to company locations within the GTA
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
- In-depth understanding of Health Canada’s Cannabis Act
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to lift up to and including 25lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, climbing stairs, standing, and moving items is occasionally required. The employee must wear the required PPE to complete their job functions. The company reserves the right to modify PPE requirements based on regulatory, compliance and operational need
When employees are required to perform duties within the Greenhouse or Manufacturing facilities, they may be exposed to unprocessed cannabis products/supplies. The Greenhouse and Manufacturing environment can be temperate, noisy and dusty at times. The employee will be provided with the appropriate (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment and they must adhere to legal requirements regarding PPE to manage their own personal safety under these conditions. In addition, to ensure compliance and minimize contamination within a controlled environment, the employees may be required to wear latex gloves a cleanroom suit.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.